Today’s evolving fireground demands greater adaptive insights and management with an amplified understanding of buildings, occupancy risk profiling (ORP) and building anatomy by all operating companies on the fireground; demanding greater skill sets and knowledge of building construction, architecture, engineering, fire dynamics and fire suppression methodologies.
The equation for success rests directly on Building Knowledge = Firefighter Safety.
Donâ€™t be complacent based on alarm type, building or occupancy typeâ€¦expect fire, be prepared and understand the predictability of building performance. It should not be a surprise upon arrival of the first-due.
Some Training Aide Links from past Ten Minutes in the Streets
- Ten Minutes in the Street; Stretchin the line on the First-Due,Â HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street; But it’s only a Garage..!,Â HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street: â€œI Hear Ya Knockinâ€™, But Nobodyâ€™s Homeâ€
- Box 2752..Reported Fire in an Occupied Apartment Above Sammyâ€™s Liquors
- The First-Due: Well InvolvedÂ http://thecompanyofficer.com/2011/08/25/ten-minutes-in-the-street-the-first-due/
- Ten Minutes in the Street: â€œThree For Oneâ€
- Ten Minutes in the Street: On-scene, with Engine 21, Second Alarm
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Dispatch to Chief..You’ve got Two Working Fires
- Strip Stores:Â http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-5
- Ten Minutes in the Street: The Triple Decker with Fire in the Attic:Â http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-the-2?q=forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-the-2
- Laundry:Â http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/first-due-arriving-with-a
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Read through the Smoke,Â HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street; Pipin Hot First Due..30 Minutes or Less,Â HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street; Here’s lookin at You,Â HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Fire on the Number Two Floor-Doubtful
- Townhouse:Â http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-fire-1
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Report of Smoke in the Area
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Buildings Under Construction; FIRE
- Ten Minutes in the Street Scenario: On-scene, with Engine Company 13..
- Ten Minutes in the Street: The Triple Decker with Fire in the Attic
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Stretchin the line on the First-Due