Today’s evolving fireground demands greater adaptive insights and management with an amplified understanding of buildings, occupancy risk profiling (ORP) and building anatomy by all operating companies on the fireground; demanding greater skill sets and knowledge of building construction, architecture, engineering, fire dynamics and fire suppression methodologies.
The equation for success rests directly on Building Knowledge = Firefighter Safety.
Don’t be complacent based on alarm type, building or occupancy type…expect fire, be prepared and understand the predictability of building performance. It should not be a surprise upon arrival of the first-due.
Some Training Aide Links from past Ten Minutes in the Streets
- Ten Minutes in the Street; Stretchin’ the line on the First-Due, HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street; “But it’s only a Garage..!”, HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street: “I Hear Ya Knockin’, But Nobody’s Home”
- Box 2752..Reported Fire in an Occupied Apartment Above Sammy’s Liquors
- The First-Due: Well Involved http://thecompanyofficer.com/2011/08/25/ten-minutes-in-the-street-the-first-due/
- Ten Minutes in the Street: “Three For One”
- Ten Minutes in the Street: On-scene, with Engine 21, Second Alarm…
- Ten Minutes in the Street: “Dispatch to Chief..You’ve got Two Working Fires…”
- Strip Stores: http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-5
- Ten Minutes in the Street: The Triple Decker with Fire in the Attic: http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-the-2?q=forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-the-2
- Laundry: http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/first-due-arriving-with-a
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Read “through” the Smoke, HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street; Pipin’ Hot First Due..30 Minutes or Less, HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street; “Here’s lookin’ at You”, HERE
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Fire on the Number Two Floor-Doubtful
- Townhouse: http://my.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/ten-minutes-in-the-street-fire-1
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Report of Smoke in the Area
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Buildings Under Construction; FIRE
- Ten Minutes in the Street Scenario: On-scene, with Engine Company 13…..
- Ten Minutes in the Street: The Triple Decker with Fire in the Attic
- Ten Minutes in the Street: Stretchin’ the line on the First-Due