In support of recent program on Taking it to the Streets regarding Survivability Profiling with our special guest Captain Stephen Marsars, FDNY we are posting some of the research and articles to aid in your own individual research and increased awareness on this emerging concept and refined methodology expanding traditional size-up into a new element.
The radio program, presentation, dialog and discussions added richly to the continuing efforts to improve and challenge the fires service into exploring new directions in an effort to increase our proficiencies, capabilities and operations.
You can download or listen to the the full program HERE.
Here are those reference links;
- National Fire Academy, Executive Fire Officer Program: EFO Paper: Can They Be Saved? Utilizing Civilian Survivability Profiling to Enhance Size-up and Reduce Firefighter Fatalities in the Fire Department, City of New York http://www.usfa.dhs.gov/pdf/efop/efo44310.pdf
- USFA Announces 2009 Outstanding Research Award Winners, EFO …Mar 18, 2010
- NYC.gov Announcement: FDNY Captain Receives USFA Outstanding Research Award http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/events/2011/040411a.shtml
- Size-Up: How Do We Use It? – Fire Engineering Dec 1, 2007 … BY STEPHEN MARSAR.
- Survivability Profiling: Are the Victims Savable? – Fire Engineering Dec 1, 2009 … BY STEPHEN MARSAR.
- Survivability Profiling: How Long Can Victims Survive in a Fire …Jul 1, 2010 … BY STEPHEN MARSAR.
- Survivability profiling: another perspective – Fire Engineering Christopher Brennan Feb 1, 2011
- The Fire Service Warrior: %$#@ “Victim Survivability Profiling .http://www.fireservicewarrior.com/2010/10/victim-survivability-profiling-do-your.html
- NPR September 11, 2006: After Sept. 11, a Firefighter Answers Call to Lead http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6054085
- Back Step FireFighter: Courage And Valor…Understated http://backstepfirefighter.com/2011/03/24/courage-and-valor-understated/
Other Links from CommandSafety.com
- Tactical Patience and the New Considerations of Ventilation on Fire Behavior in Legacy and Contemporary Residential Construction http://commandsafety.com/2010/12/tactical-patience-and-the-new-considerations-of-ventilation-on-fire-behavior-in-legacy-and-contemporary-residential-construction/
- Occupancy Risks versus Occupancy Types http://commandsafety.com/2010/11/occupancy-risks-versus-occupancy-types/
- Tactical Renaissance and the Rules of Engagement http://commandsafety.com/2010/09/tactical-renaissance-and-the-rules-of-engagement/
- Taking it to the Streets Downloads on FireFighterNetcast.com http://www.firefighternetcast.com/category/our-shows/taking-it-to-the-streets-our-shows/
- IAFC Rules of Engagement http://www.iafcsafety.org/downloads/Rules_of_Engagement.pdf